VILLA MALLKO is our country house included in our network of guesthouses in WASIKULLPACHAY. We have chosen Villa Mallko to put into action our social and cultural commitment by opening a school aiming at generating self-sufficiency and personal and collective resilience in all potential participants.
We will offer workshops in organic farming, food processing, development of practical skills, health, and wellness in a friendly and open environment. We will give value and opportunities to local talent and to the local cultural and social entities.
- We make responsible use of natural resources
- We join the zero waste and circular economy
- We Reduce, Reuse, Reinvent and Recycle
- We are committed to permaculture and the preservation of ancestral knowledge and flavors
- We join the consumption of local products and fair trade
- We consume local products and our own production
- We welcome everyone with fair and familiar treatment
- We teach a beneficial cuisine for personal and global health
- We support small entrepreneurs and sustainable local networks
VILLA MALLKO HUERTO-SCHOOL AND OUTDOOR KITCHEN
Recovering ancestral knowledge and flavors
At VILLA MALLKO we take care of our garden, our seeds, and our health. We feed ourselves with natural products, clean of pesticides preserving the land and taking care of people. We want to share this process with our fellow citizens and visitors. We want to recover the ancestral Andean way of connecting to nature, respecting mother earth, and promoting solidarity in our community. We want to be agents of change to contribute to transition towards a more sustainable and healthy way of production and consumption models.
Our bio-garden respects and favors biodiversity and the preservation of the agro-ecological environment
With this idea in mind we start the project of a Bio-garden and school Villa Mallko. At our school we will train ourselves and other people to be SELF-SUFFICIENT. We will strive to recover and transmit ancestral knowledge and disseminate new knowledge through a training and action plan in matters of organic farming, permaculture, bioconstruction, conscious nutrition, and well-being. Also, we want to encourage interaction between visitors and locals to help each other and embark together to a transition towards a more sustainable, healthy, and purposeful models of production and consumption.
BIO GARDEN AND SCHOOL VILLA MALLKO
The school will offer a variety of workshops and learning activities to connect local and foreign people to enhance resilience from an ethical and responsible perspective.
GOALS OF THE TRAINING PROGRAM
- To farm in an ecological way and advising others on this topic.
- To generate income to maintain the bio garden and the school´s activities
- To protect native seeds and to recover local varieties.
- To use our natural products in our kitchen to promote good and healthy eating.
- To participate in local fairs and other events to expand the project and join efforts with other similar networks
- To create local networks between all kinds of people and strongly encourage the inclusion of vulnerable groups.
- To promote sustainable and ecological local consumption.
- To identify and meet local eco-farmers with visits and community meetings
- To create a space for cultural promoters to make presentations and carry out workshops to open a debate and listen to different points of view.
- To co-create and share learning experiences with families
- To enhance social ties to promote peaceful coexistence through outings to nature.
- To encourage the listening, the giving and receiving through the exchange of experiences and learning materials
- To boost knowledge of green building and use of local resources while preserving the environment.
With this training program, we want to join the transition movement towards a more fair and compassionate system. We want to promote self-sufficiency, responsibility, and awareness of our consumer behavior and the importance of working in cooperation while preserving the environment.
Besides raising awareness and educating, we also want to build relationships between local or foreign people for mutual learning.
VILLA MALLKO OPEN KITCHEN
We will build a kitchen designed to implement cooking workshops in a quiet and healthy environment where the participants will enjoy eco-vegetarian and seasonal dishes. Talented native cooks and apprentices will have the opportunity to use our nutritious and flavorful products from the biogarden.
Our bio-garden-school and kitchen will be spaces to encourage creativity, to support the growth of meaningful initiatives and to reinforce the empowerment of all people to start good practices.
From our school we want to inspire people to CO-CREATE, TO TRUST AND TO EXCHANGE.
SCHOOL OF SELF-SUFFICIENCY PROGRAM
1. ECOLOGICAL AGRICULTURE
“I WANT TO START MY BIO-GARDEN”
- Introduction to permaculture
- Organic Composting
- Natural fungicides
- Worm composting
- Plants associations
- Identifying pathogenic and antagonistic microorganisms
- Reproduction of “Risodium” bacteria
- Land PH control
- Plagues and diseases
- Relationship of insects and plants
- Organic fertilizer (biol) and fermentation fertilizers (bocashi)
- Chromatographic analysis
I WANT TO CULTIVATE MY AROMATIC TREES AND PLANTS
- Organic fruit growing
- Aromatic plants cultivation and harvesting
- Designing an edible forest
2. FOOD SELF-SUFFICIENCY
I WANT TO MAKE MY OWN FOOD
- Elaboration of artisan bread
- Manufacture of vegan cheeses
- Preparation of fermented foods
- Dehydration of food
- Food preservation workshop
- Collection and preparation of aromatic herb leaves
3. OTHER HANDMADE PRODUCTS
- Honey and organic beekeeping
- Weaving ropes with straw
4. OCUPATIONAL SKILLS
I WANT TO RECYCLE MY USED CLOTHING AND FURNITURE
- Repair of basic things at home
- Clothing fix
- Recycling of second hand furniture
5. HEALTH AND WELLNESS
I WANT TO KNOW ABOUT HEALTHY EATING
- Vegetarian cooking
- Cooking with native plants
- Preparing a healthy menu
I WANT TO USE NATURAL PRODUCTS
- Pharmacy in the garden
- Natural cosmetics
- Ointments and soaps
- Essential oils
6. ENERGY AND BIO CONSTRUCTION
I WANT TO BE MORE ECO-EFFICIENT
- Construction of dry toilets
- Solar energy yes or no
- Construction with bamboo and other materials
- Water care and use
7. MEETINGS, FAMILY CELEBRATIONS
- Meaningful social encounters with purpose
OTHER TOPICS THAT INTEREST US
- Responsible consumption
- Reduction of our carbon footprint
- Food sovereignty and cooperation systems
- Sewing and recycling clothes